Hellooooooooo! I'm back!! :D Wow didn't realise how long I have abandoned my blog. Suddenly one day I remembered that I have a blog and when I checked, the last time I updated it was 2 years ago! :O Not a single post in 2012! Well, most of my friends have quit blogging. But I won't! Just will take hiatus every now and then. Started blogging since 2008 so it's been years already :') Anyway, I like the new blogspot. :D The change is refreshing, eventhough I know it's been ages haha. So here's a story I have. :D Went for a vacation last week with beloved family and relatives! The trip was so fun and full of memories, be it good or bad. Both my parents had always wanted to go to Beijing, because there's a lot of Chinese Muslims there and so it's easy to find places to eat. That's the most important thing for my parents when it comes to deciding a holiday destination. And of course, Beijing is a very beautiful place. Months earlier I asked my parents why couldn't we go to Korea? They said there aren't many restaurants there which serve halal food. The post is gonna be quite long I guess. 'Cos I wanna write everything in detail if possible so that I can read it in the future and be reminded of the wonderful moments ;) So feel free to skip any parts :P So we went there for a week. There's 11 of us in the group, including my aunts, uncles, and a lil cousin. I was really excited at first before leaving, but then the excitement disappeared a little as the departure date got nearer. I knew something bad or something which would dampen my mood would happen. -.- But oh well.. On the day of departure we were supposed to leave at 6 am to catch our flight at 9. But my uncle who was supposed to pick us up was late by an hour and that kinda ruined everyone's mood. -.- But then I didn't want it to get to me. While on the plane I watched Dangerous Ishqq and Hotel Transylvania. :D Also listened to some Hindi songs. Even when I was on other international flights before this I would watch Hindi movies to kill the time :P We're inseparable :P Let's cut to the chase. Before leaving for China, we checked the weather in Beijing. It'd be somewhere between -10 degree to 8 the max. My dad said it'd be colder than when we went to London once. I couldn't really remember how cold it was so couldn't predict. Arrived at 3.30pm and saw some snow on the ground. We were very excited haha since it was our first time seeing real snow. :P Macam jakun la jugak hahaha. But who cares? ;D And dang it was really cold I tell you :O Our tour guide, Mr. Musa, a Chinese Muslim told us that we missed the snowfall by a day. And it was heavy snow. :( Frustrated, yes. We were then taken to watch the acrobatic show. It was awesome! Them Chinese acrobats are definitely the best! It was already really dark at 7 and we went to have dinner. Man, the food was marvelous! Served some 6-7 dishes. Tummy was definitely happy. :D Then checked in at Zhongdu Taihe hotel. The next morning woke up at 5.30. Breakfast was great too. I'd say it was a heavy one :P Met the tour guide afterwards and we were told that we would climb the Great Wall today and also ski! Yippeeee! We were so excited especially the young ones! But before that we went to the jade and crystal centers. Man, these Chinese people are feisty. They like to force people into buying their stuff by hook or by crook. Learnt some valuable info about the jades and crystals, of how they're produced into something else. Also learnt that - I was born in the year of sheep :D (they say it's good) - My sister was born in the year of chicken - My 1st bro was born in the year of pig :P - And my youngest bro was born in the year of horse.
Inside the jade center
If I had that much money would've bought more jade bracelets 'cos they're all so pretty! :D
In front of the jade center Same thing at the crystal center. In loooooove with their products!
But it's too pricey -.- Then had a fab lunch at a fab restaurant! :D Loved the food! There's also a surau in the restaurant itself which makes it easier for Muslims :D And it's very comfortable :)
Dad and my sibs at the Great Wall :)
Excuse my excited face and the red nose :P
Very 'gayat' from up here o.O
It was so darn cold I tell you! It was very cold I now understood how one can die from cold weather :O Only 4 of us managed to climb up to the 1st tower. Me, my father and brothers. Oh and also my uncle and his lil daughter. I was actually surprised when I found out that my youngest bro tagged along 'cos his body system is quite vulnerable. I mean, he usually falls sick easily. My dad counted, from the bottom to the 1st tower, there are 360 steps. :O I was very ecstatic to finally set foot on once one of world's seven wonders! :D The Great Wall of China I used to watch in the Mulan movies as a kid. :') There's also a Chinese saying which goes, "You're not a man until you've walked the Great Wall". I really wanted to go farther but we were on quite a tight schedule. Didn't wanna waste time. So to the next destination, the ski resort! ;D
Good thing we went on a weekday! So there weren't many people at the resort.
Can you believe I actually recorded this video? :D I knew it was dangerous but I just had to! :D The video is quite blurry 'cos I wasn't ready I guess. It was nerve wrecking up there! :P And just a lil something to boast about, out of all those skiing that day, I was the only one who didn't fall at all! Woohoo! ;D
Dinner later that evening! :D So yummehhh! So the next day we visited the Forbidden City! Dude, it's SO gigantic no wonder it's called a CITY! It's called the Forbidden City 'cos it's forbidden to the ordinary people and no one could enter or leave the palace without the emperor's permission. I don't know how long we walked right from the entrance to the exit. It's just so big and massive! Really amazed! Finally I got to see the place which is similar to those in the ancient Chinese dramas on tv! ;D Even got to see the original bedrooms! Next, we made a pit stop at the Chinese medicine center and enjoyed a free traditional foot massage ;) To be continued... (Thanks for reading!)
#10confessions was one of the trending topics on Twitter several days ago. So here are a few of mine.
1. There was a phase in my life where i hated, despised, and detested my brother. For REAL. But now we're good. :)
2. I do hold grudges. 'Cos i forgive, but i never forget.
3. Walked alone once in a dark alley at 6 in the morning.
4. Never liked my name when i was small. Well, that was then. :)
5. I prefer nights than mornings.
6. I'm so addicted to reading that i even read dictionaries.
7. Truthfully, i've never watched Ghost Rider till tonight (June 10, 2011). Hahah.
8. Dreamt of being an actor once. But thanks to my height, that dream is crushed. Hah.
9. Used to have a strange belief that if i saw splashes of droplet in the morn, my day would go bad.
10. I have a crush for Shah Rukh Khan. Any doubt?
Last Monday I underwent a dental surgery to remove my left wisdom tooth. Within two days, my cheek had swollen to the size of a fist. More or less so. Haha. Felt like I had goiter for awhile. But in my case it's in the cheek and smaller. :P And I hate the pills called Papase they gave me to prevent the swell from getting bigger. Tasteless but I had to keep sucking. -.- Oh, went to the orthodontist just now 'cos my parents thought I was supposed to wear those braces today. Turned out the orthodontist meant next Saturday. :P
Anyways, congrats on your engagement Faden!! :D Never thought you'd be the first! ;D
*Can't stop dancing to Jebal by Kim Hyun Joong ;D*
I'm back! Heehee. So how am I these days? Terrible. -.- I'll tell you why. Almost a couple of weeks ago, my parents persuaded me to wear...braces. -.- After a few times of persuasion, I gave my nod. Truthfully, the second my mom voiced the idea to me, I got teary. Why? Even I don't know the reason. I did cry. Well I still cry about it. Haha I know this sounds so foolish to you. I guess one of the reasons is because over the years, every time I stared into the mirror and smiled, I would put my index finger on top of my lips, covering the one 'special' misplaced tooth that ruins every picture of me. And to think that perhaps I'll no longer be doing that anymore makes me emotional. =') Lemme tell you I always lack confidence when I confront people. No one knows this because I always act casual in front of other people. And to think that I'd always been teased and laughed at and made fun of just because of 'it' really breaks my heart. Another reason I was quite reluctant at first is because I'm afraid if people will still tease me after they see my teeth is no more the same like before. Yes, I am that pessimistic.
So last week was my first meeting with the dentist. Thank God the clinic is just nearby else it would've made things difficult for my parents. Wait. I don't know why I even bother writing about this. You must've already read or heard about this similar experience from anyone. I'll just continue though. Okay so just like any other normal human being, you can say that I'm kinda afraid of those called dentists. Haha. But luckily mine is very nice. And it's a she. :)) So during that first meeting, she examined my teeth, jaw, face structure and took an X-ray of my teeth. She then made a mold of it where she put this kinda gooey green dough pressed against my teeth and took it out after several minutes. This process is called impression to get the model of your teeth and gum so that the dentist can determine which tooth and how many must be plucked to put on the braces.
Then my next appointment was last Friday. This time I received the professional teeth cleaning treatment which included tooth scaling and tooth polishing. Oh I definitely hated this moment! Then the dentist took pictures of my teeth and jaw structure from each angle. -.- Next, came the process where I was put on 8 elastic separators which are also called spacers. Man, it huuuuuuuuurts! T.T Today is only the third day and I have to endure the pain for another 5 days. Well I didn't really feel anything on the first day but yesterday, Saturday, which was the 2nd day was worse. I could feel some my teeth moving. Till the day before yesterday I still could feed myself hard food but not anymore. Now I can only eat soft food. T.T Porridge, mashed potatoes, yogurt, ice-cream, to name a few. But now I'm used to the pain. Though it sometimes gets difficult when I brush my teeth. And yes, at this moment I feel like all my teeth are gonna come out. -.-" Oh my separators are blue in colour. Like in this pic. ;D
You will feel as if there's a piece of food caught between your teeth. Quite uncomfy, yeah. -.-" And now I'm using this toothbrush! Cute ain't it? :D It even has LEGS! Hahaha. ;P Well, it's actually my youngest bro's but he has never used it before.
Well, that's all for now. This Friday I'm gonna undergo a dental surgery to get rid of one wisdom tooth of mine. And probably will apply the braces only next week. Yesterday I watched some videos on YT as to how the surgery is done. What the hell I'm freaking out!!! x'O A doctor even used a hammer??! Okay, let's just be cool... -.-" Signing off. Going to a distant relative's wedding tomorrow.
Hey ho. Been a month since my last visit here. Pardon me. Oh yeah, I'm good, in case you're wondering. :P It's been 2 weeks now into holidays. And I have another 3 1/2 months to enjoy. Thoroughly? Naahhh. The jitters are still there, until my results come out. Congrats Darina, you finally managed to unpack ALL your stuffs yesterday. *pats shoulder* Fyi, I still haven't gotten my car yet. That explains why I can't go out much despite the huge demand from friends. *coughs* Oh, my sister is going to further her tertiary education in Perak and she's leaving this Monday. So that just leaves me and my youngest bro, Ajim. I'm gonna miss her. =)) Hmm my blogging mood has just come back so let's go easy and slow. ;D Till later!
And here's another survey. :P Yes. I have nothing better to do at the mo. Haha.
1. The phone rings; who do you want it to be? -- you-know-who's personal assistant. haha i can't call him often as that'll cost me quite some money :P
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? -- hmmm i don't do grocery shopping. :P
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? -- both :))
4. Do you take compliments well? -- who wouldn't? :D
5. Do you play Sudoku? -- never in my life. i never understood how the game is played. pity me -.-
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? -- of beasts and wild animals, i might. of ghosts, no. -.-"
7. Do you like to ride horses? -- heck i LOVE it!! that's my fave thing!! :D
8. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? -- yes! i love going to camps! :D
9. What was your favorite game as a kid? -- malay traditional games ; lubang tikus, congkak, tingting, batu seremban ;D
10. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew he/she was married, would you go for it? -- a sexy guy? muahahaha! ;P
11. Have you lied to get out of a date? -- nope :)
12. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? -- yep. as long as we're only dating and his beliefs aren't that contrary to mine. and if we were to get married, he'll need to convert to Islam. :))
13. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? -- all girls like to be pursued i believe, including me :))
14. Use three words to describe yourself? -- adventurous, fickle-minded, pessimistic -.-
15. Do any songs make you cry? -- oh of cos. but i can't remember now which one. :P
16. Are you continuing your education? -- yes i am! ;D
17. Do you know how to shoot a gun? -- i wish i knew how =/ told ya i'm the adventurous type :D
18. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? -- i don't keep my personal docs with me so it'd be my purse.
19. How often do you read books? -- everyday whenever i have the time :)) i just love reading! :D call me a nerd so what? ;D
20. Do you think more about the past, present or future? -- i've no idea. -.-
21. What is your favorite children's book? -- all books from my enid blyton's collection! :D
22. What color are your eyes? -- brown?
23. How tall are you? -- let me not disclose that :P
24. Where is your dream house located? -- never thought of that before. maybe i should start thinking about it now, shouldn't i? :))
25. Do you have a secret fetish? -- i do. but it's not called secret for nothing! ;P
26. Have you tried sushi? -- nope. can you believe that? my dad is very particular about halal food and he doesn't allow his kids to have those. even though they say it's halal.
27. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? -- lemme see. we never really took pics. we were just faking it. :P
28. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? -- where's that place anyway?
29. When was the last time you were at Church? -- i'm a Muslim and i never go to the Church
30. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? -- errrrrrr my kitchen?? :P
31. What was your favorite cartoon series during your childhood? -- sailormoon!! :D i've watched the first 3 seasons and just the beginning of season 4 so i'll finish watching it during these coming holidays! ;D
32. Do you like mustard? -- no -.-
33. Do you prefer to sleep or eat? -- EAT!! :D i'm always in!
34. Do you look like your mom or dad? -- dad :)
35. How long does it take you in the shower? -- 15 mins and above
36. Can you do the splits? -- haha sadly no :P
37. What movie do you want to see right now? -- RA.One and Don 2!!! but both will only be released in the second half of the year =(
38. If you could fast forward your life, would you? -- i'd rather not. i'm enjoying my teenage life to the max. ;))
39. What did you do for New Year's? -- nothing? :P
40. Do you think The Grudge was scary? -- sorry never heard of it before :P
41. Could you relate to a character in Mean Girls? -- nope :P
42. Do you own a camera phone? -- everybody does! ;D
43. Do you have an "ex box" with pics and letters from past lovers? -- haha should i tell? :P
44. Was your mom a cheerleader? -- nope. but she was the class president for a few years ;D
45. What's the last letter of your middle name? -- i've no middle name
46. Do you like your middle name? -- what should i like when i have none?
47. How many hours of sleep do you get a night? -- 4-5 hours are enough for me :))
48. Do you like care bears? -- unn-nooo
49. What do you buy at the movies? -- popcorns anyone? :D
50. Do you know how to play poker? -- i only poke people on fb :P
51. Do you wear your seatbelt? -- only when i'm in the front seats
52. What do you wear to sleep? -- i feel like a celeb having to answer questions like this :P very intrusive
53. Anything big ever happen in your hometown? -- my grandma's demise in 2007. may Allah bless her soul. amin
54. How many meals do you eat a day? -- when i'm at home, it'll be whenever i feel bored and hungry. when i'm at the college, standard 3 times per day
55. Is your tongue pierced? -- naahh. i'd get killed if i ever did that :P
56. Ever meet anyone you met on myspace? -- only my friends haha
57. Do you read myspace bulletins? -- never. what's myspace anyway? :P
58. Do you like funny or serious people better? -- funneeehhh! ;D serious people are scary
59. Ever been to England? -- yep. London :))
60. Did you eat a cookie today? -- there're no cookies in my house =/
61. Do you use cuss words in other languages? -- sometimes
62. Do you steal or pay for your music downloads? -- they didn't say i have to pay :P
63. Do you hate chocolate? -- i LOVE chocolates!!
64. What do you and your parents fight about the most? -- i never fight with my parents :))
65. Are you a gullible person? -- quite -.-
66. Do you need a boyfriend/girlfriend to be happy? -- nope! :D
67. If you could have any job what would it be? -- haha i've always dreamt of being a really famous star like you-know-who when i was small ;D such a nice thing when you thought of the kind of stardom you'd get. not to mention the being rich part :D
68. Are you easy to get along with? -- most of my friends say so! :D so i guess i am!
69. What is your favorite time of day? -- from midnight till dawn!
Sorry guys. Been sabbatical for awhile. :P Today I feel like answering surveys. So here's the first one. ;) More updates comin' up soon! And don't mind the title if you have no idea of what it means. :P
1. EVER BEEN GIVEN AN ENGAGEMENT RING? -- haha nope. it's definitely not the time yet. :P
3. WHEN'S THE LAST TIME YOU WORKED OUT? -- i seriously don't like to work out. but might just do during the holidays that are about to come ;)
4. LAST FOOD YOU ATE? -- nasi lemak. haha that was my breakfast today ;D can't imagine my life without it
5. FIRST THING YOU NOTICE ABOUT THE OPPOSITE SEX? -- height/voice. whichever.
6. ONE FAVORITE SONG? -- i can never choose ^^"
7. WHERE DO YOU LIVE? -- near to sk subang bestari. go figure. hahaha
8. HIGH SCHOOL YOU ATTENDED: -- sekolah tun fatimah. i miss you!
9. LONGEST JOB YOU HAD: -- never had one before. even during my holidays after spm. or semester breaks.
10. LAST WEDDING YOU ATTENDED: -- no idea. that just shows how much i've been busy lately :P
11. FIRST FRIEND YOU'D CALL IF YOU WON THE LOTTERY: -- dila! :D
12. LAST TIME YOU SAW YOUR BEST FRIEND: -- haha we had a skype session coupla weeks ago! ;D
13. FAVORITE FAST FOOD RESTAURANT: -- KFC anyone? ;)
14. WHAT CAR DO YOU DRIVE? -- citroen xsara. but now it's in the workshop and i'll only be able to drive it again after probably a month ='(
15. LAST TIME YOU CRIED?: -- can't recall. that's a good thing right? ;D
16. MOST DISLIKED FOODS: -- anything that has fish in it. yes. i don't like fish -.- well except for certain few dishes.
17. FAVORITE MOVIE? -- my name is khan till date! ;D
18. CAN YOU SING? -- well i dunno. ya think??
19. LAST CONCERT ATTENDED? -- haha sonu niigaam's :D rocking!*say what u want. u should know by now i'm all for bollywood haha*
20. ONE THING YOU NEVER LEAVE THE HOUSE WITHOUT: -- my cellphone o'cos ;D
21. DO YOU LIKE COFFEE?: -- coffee is my life :)
22. HOW DO YOU LIKE YOUR EGGS? -- scrambled! :D
23. TELL ME A RANDOM FACT ABOUT YOURSELF: -- i'm so very easily influenced by people. whenever someone hates a person and tells me negative stuff about him/her, i'll automatically hate that person too for no reason. -.-
24. WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE SEASON: -- winter and autumn :))
25. WHAT TIME DID YOU WAKE UP THIS MORNING?: -- 9.30 am ^^"
26. DO YOU THINK PIRATES ARE COOL OR OVERRATED? -- super cool! ;D i mean, johnny depp is! :P
27. IF YOU COULD GO ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD WHERE WOULD YOU GO?: -- india, rome, venice :))
28. HAVE YOU EVER BEEN ON A CRUISE?: -- YES! :D and the first time was 9 years ago in London! :)) wish to go there again ;))
29. DO YOU HAVE A SISTER?: -- uhhuh :)
30. DO YOU WISH YOU COULD SEE ANYONE PARTICULAR RIGHT NOW?: -- oh yes. he keeps haunting my mind ever since that day. and i'll only be seeing him again after 6 months =(